CompTia Advanced Security Practitioner, CASP
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification designates IT professionals with advanced-level security skills and knowledge. This certification establishes knowledgeable professionals in the field of advanced security practices. Students will first learn about the enterprise security architecture, security technology and resource technology. They will then learn security design and solutions, application security design, managing risk, security policies, security procedures and enterprise security integration. Finally, they will learn about security research and analysis, disaster recovery and business continuity, managing risk in projects, legal issues and judgment and decision-making.
The course covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers, while managing risk.
While there is no required prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus at the enterprise level.
CASP Course Curriculum
- Unit 01 - The Enterprise Security Architecture
- Unit 02 - The Enterprise Security Technology
- Unit 03 - Enterprise Resource Technology
- Unit 04 - Security Design and Solutions
- Unit 05 - Application Security Design
- Unit 06 - Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
- Unit 07 - Enterprise Security Integration
- Unit 08 - Security Research and Analysis
- Unit 09 - Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Unit 10 - Managing Risk in Projects
- Unit 11 - Legal Issues
- Unit 12 - Judgment and Decision-Making
Why Get CASP Certified?
The current landscape of cybersecurity requires specialized skills to troubleshoot via customized hacks and build solid solutions. Each hack is unique and must be combated with master-level security skills and experience. As a CASP-certified IT professional, you will demonstrate that you can provide the best cybersecurity solutions and protection for organizations worldwide.
With the rise of global information security threats, organizations are eager to hire certified individuals with mastery-level cybersecurity skills. The CASP credential validates these skills.
Because hacking has no boundaries, your CASP certification is welcome across the globe.
CASP professionals are trained to work with a variety of hardware and software making it possible to go anywhere in IT.
CASP is government approved
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
What you will learn with our CASP Program?
- Manage risk in the enterprise
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques
- Implement cryptographic techniques
- Implement security controls for hosts
- Implement security controls for storage
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls
- Implement security controls for applications
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture
- Conduct vulnerability assessments
- Conduct incident and emergency responses
This course is intended for IT professionals who have the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students should have a minimum of 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on, technical security experience.
- Instructor-led classroom sessions with full audio, video and demonstration components
- Complete Courseware
- Hands on Demonstrations of Physical and Software Components
- Practical solutions to real-world development problems
- Device of your Choice