Certified Information Security Manager, CISM
Demonstrate your information security management expertise. The uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security. Around the world, demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise, and the CISM certification is the globally accepted standard of achievement in this area. The uniquely management-focused CISM certification ensures holders understand business, and know how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry. Since its inception in 2002, more than 30,000 of professionals worldwide have earned the industry-leading CISM to affirm both their high level of technical competence and qualifications for top-caliber leadership and management roles.
WHO SHOULD OBTAIN A CISM?
The CISM certification was developed specifically for experienced information security managers and those with information security management responsibilities who include:
- Information Security Managers
- Aspiring Information Security Managers
- IS/IT Consultants
- Chief Information Officers
Detail CISM Course Curriculum
Our detailed curriculum covered by this CISM certification course. Students will come away with a thorough understanding of Information Security auditing with in-depth coverage of all four CISM domains, and will be prepared to take the CISM exam.
CISM Domain 1 - Information Security Governance (ISG)
CISM Domain 2 - Information Risk Management
CISM Domain 3 - Information Security Program Development and Management
CISM Domain 4 - Information Security Incident Management
This CISM course is designed to assist experienced Information Security managers prepare for the globally recognized CISM certification exam. Recorded in studio quality, this course offers the training and tools to manage, design, assess and oversee the information security for any enterprise. This program ncludes in-depth coverage of all four domains for the CISM exam "Body of Knowledge".
CISM Certification Requirements
To earn the CISM certification, candidates are required to:
- Pass the CISM examination (offered worldwide through computer-based testing during three eight-week testing windows)
- Submit proof of five years of work experience in the field of information security, with at least three years in the role of information security manager
- Adhere to ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the CISM Continuing Education Policy
CISM Impacts Your Career and Your Organization
The demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise, and the CISM certification is the globally accepted standard of achievement in this area. CISMs understand the business. They know how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry.
Why Employers Hire CISMs?
Enterprises and government agencies increasingly recognize, require and expect their IS and IT professionals to hold CISM certification. .
- Identify critical issues and customize company-specific practices to support the governance of information and related technologies
- Bring credibility to the enterprise for which they are employed
- Take a comprehensive view of information systems security management and their relationship to organizational success
- Demonstrate to enterprise customers their commitment to compliance, security and integrity; ultimately contributing to the attraction and retention of customers
- Ensure that there is improved alignment between the organization's information security program and its broader goals and objectives
- Provide the enterprise with a certification for Information security management that is recognized by multinational clients and enterprises, lending credibility to the enterprise.
This program will reinforce the concepts required for successful completion of the ISACA CISM exam. Students who complete our self-paced training program will gain a holistic perspective on effective, competent security management and consulting. Individuals involved in the Information Systems profession who have Security experience will broaden their knowledge level and find excellent value in this next generation designation.
- CISM Self-Paced Training Course
- CISM Review Manual
- CISM Questions Review Supplement
- CISM Exam Focus Study Notes
- CISM Exam Prep, Manning
- CISM All-in-One Exam Guide
- Device Platform of Your Choice